Bringing legacy IoT infrastructure into the modern age
A leading logistics firm has been pioneering IoT since before it was a buzzword, but as customer demand for real-time information has increased, their platforms are not ready to manage that volume of data efficiently. Even beyond the volume of data, there are analytics that could help them streamline routing and inventory management, but that data resides in disparate systems and doesn’t line up without manual efforts.
Their operations are languishing on old technologies while they become more and more out of touch with what their company needs, and what the consumer needs. Their current technologies are slow, which keeps them from being able to innovate at the pace that matches their customers’ expectations.
Without better organizing their sensor and routing data, they will miss the opportunity to satisfy customer demand and achieve their potential growth.
“We have a legacy infrastructure that was put in place to solve IoT-specific needs, before the advent of modern day IoT technology. We’re struggling to innovate on today’s IoT problems and opportunities because our technology is archaic. Our customers want real-time tracking and precision but we can’t keep up with that demand.”
They needed to move from years of in-house technology that performed the tedious device interaction to a platform complemented with an IoT Hub. This new technology is better suited for their variety of low-level device interactions and cleanly exposes the important data points from the mass of data being captured. The new system would offer a clearer data model based on industry IoT practices. By marrying this data with shipment and routing information, they simplified operations and unlocked significant insight through data analytics.
- An IoT hub specifically focused on device interactions, abstracting complex device management and data processing away from the core platform.
- Simplified platform with gains in security, scalability, and flexibility in the areas the business needs the most.
- A data architecture purpose-built for big data processing and analytics.
- Modern infrastructure designed for innovating and building, with rapid delivery of impactful updates and solutions for their customers.
Effortless handling of increased volumes of device data and shipments to easily meet customer demand.
Ability to scale with business growth
- Core platform can scale as customer demand increases by separating the IoT device communication within the core platform.
Fast and high value Go-to-Market
- Brought to market additional product offerings based on confidence of technology platform to meet ambitious goals.
- Able to create fresh applications that extend functionality and provide new value to customers.
Cultural shift towards innovation
- Company culture transformed to become more competitive and set new trends for the market rather than playing catch-up.
Improved operational focus
- Resolved inefficiencies in operations and enabled their expert staff to make better decisions.
Optimized supply chain routing
- Eliminated inefficient and least predictable routes using insight gained from powerful analytics.