VP/Director of Project Management
We are looking for an experienced manager who is able to operate as both a team lead for project management (50% allocation) and an independent contributor (50% allocation). You will be integral in working with both Clients and internal development teams.
As the Director of Project Management, you will work cross-functionally to establish and refine processes, systems and best practices for project management. You will document, train and mentor your team of project managers to achieve excellence in project management, on time and on budget delivery, and client satisfaction.
As a Project Manager, you will provide direction of the assigned work components for a product, platform or project, and by interacting with clients, technical architects, user experience designers and engineers, you will determine scope and budget of work. You will also build and maintain client relationships, working hand-in-hand with Customer Success to expand the account relationship when opportunities present themselves.
The Project Manager is accountable for timely project delivery, project management, cost control and customer satisfaction. A successful candidate must be able to work effectively in a team environment and will interface closely with Finance, Sales, Engineering, and Operations divisions.
The desired individual is someone who will bring knowledge and creativity to the position and has the discipline to drive results and establish and instill fundamental project management processes.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the Delivery team assigned to each and every project is working at “green” status, meaning that Janeiro Digital is happy because the project is a profitable one, and the customer is happy because their expectations are being met or exceeded. Provide weekly status updates to executive leadership.
- Drive a customer-first culture across the entire delivery organization, with a focus on favorable client outcomes. Foster an inherent sense of urgency, accountability, and personal responsibility across all team members in the Delivery organization.
- As the Delivery organization grows, ensure that these values are adopted and absorbed by new team members, and maintained by existing ones.
- Understand Delivery problems and/or issues that need attention, and then bring the right people together to address them across disciplines.
- Improve instances of poor individual or team performance through coaching. Remedy instances where coaching fails by augmenting teams.
- Collaborate with VP of Engineering and VP of Architecture around resource quality, identifying cases where specific resources may lack the skills needed to deliver “green” status on given projects.
- Collaborate with EVP of Delivery and Customer Success to ensure that projects are operating in accordance with stated processes and standards, identifying areas for improvement that can be adjusted and then introduced back to the team.
- Collaborate with Customer Success team to drive expansion and renewal of existing client accounts.
- Collaborate with Sales team to provide support and review of new business engagements to ensure we are signing up for projects that can achieve “green” status.
The Project Manager will be responsible for delivering top quality products to our clients through management of the statement of work, the project plan, daily or weekly meetings with the client and internal team, weekly reporting to the client and internally, and final internal approval that the product creation matches the client’s vision and the applicable statement of work.
To accomplish these tasks the Project Manager organizes and directs project team members for multiple projects while taking care of plans, execution, and reports an implementation completion within the specific goals of building and delivering that particular product, or project(s). Ensures the customer is satisfied with the plan, scope, schedule, cost and quality of the product, or project(s).
The Project Manager will take ownership of measuring performance against the original scope. The Project Manager is also responsible for identifying any changes to scope, highlighting time and cost impacts to client, and drafting project change requests as necessary.
- 8+ years of applicable experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years management experience
- Experience delivering projects at enterprise scale using modern methodologies (Agile, LEAN, etc.)
- PMP certification is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to move projects forward through all phases (sales, discovery, scoping, development, QA, UAT, deployment & ongoing support)
- Reinforces team approach throughout practice both on client projects and internal initiatives.
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization
- Strong project and people management skills
- Experience managing globally distributed resources
- Project risk and benefit management
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Management via influence
- Experience in client-facing roles
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies
- Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships; maintains lasting client relationships
- Takes ownership of deliverables to ensure practice delivers superior solutions to clients
- Able to manage issues and provide senior level resolution to client
- High degree of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to travel on occasion based on client needs (10-25%)
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Complete benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Stable company with growing revenue
- Flexible work from home and vacation policies
- New equipment of choice
- Work with cutting edge technologies in many spaces
- Office locations in Boston, Chicago, Charlotte, and San Jose, Costa Rica