You are a designer, through and through. You are addicted to creating and your imagination is boundless. The web is your canvas, and Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite (among others) is your go-to toolkit to create elegant, lasting, digital solutions. You get excited about typography, data visualization, new user interactions, and color theory, and stay current with contemporary design and user experience trends. You might have a history in free-lance, or may have studied visual communication. You are committed to your craft, and though you may still be learning, your passion and ambition drives you forward to constantly create at the best of your abilities. You take pride in everything you create, and it shows in pixel perfect clarity and wholesome, lasting experiences.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The UX Designer will be an active leader in Research & Analysis and Design & Development projects. The individual will be required to make critical user experience and visual design decisions, both during and after the sales process, and then be fully involved in the creative process by engaging with the client and crafting end-to-end creative solutions.
The UX Designer will be ready to adapt and extend the creative vision as new product goals and creative challenges emerge in our iterative, creative environment and is someone who will bring knowledge and creativity to the position as well as have the discipline to drive results and follow established fundamental processes. Candidate will be primarily measured on ensuring that the user experience and visual design and deliverables meet modern design standards and help to solve key business problems.
A day in the life of a UX Designer at JD could include but not limited to:
- UX Wireframing
- Market (SWOT) Analysis
- User Research
- User Personas
- User Interface Mockups
- Creating custom iconography and other visuals
- Branding Exercises
- User Workflows & Journeys
- Conducting client, & user interviews
- Building clickable or interactive prototypes
- Furthering the JD brand
While we believe and promote continuous education and self-improvement, we want to make sure you have a solid foundation to build upon.
- You have 3+ years of design experience or similar education
- You time manage like a Time Lord
- You’re an active listener
- You ask meaningful questions
- You’re focused on solutions
- You love efficiency
- You advocate for users and understand the importance of human interaction and experience
- You take pride in every experience you design
These additional skills are like brownie points. And who doesn’t love brownies?
- CSS Pre-processors (SASS, LESS, etc)
- Understanding of Web-based usability standards
- A passion for the written word (copywriting and otherwise)
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Complete benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Stable company with growing revenue
- Flexible work from home and vacation policies
- New equipment of choice
- Work with cutting edge technologies in many spaces
- Office locations in Boston, Chicago, Charlotte, and San Jose Costa Rica