Senior Software QA Engineer
We are looking for a QA Engineer for our growing business.
The successful candidate will act as part of the Quality Assurance Team to execute manual and automated test plans, functional, integration, regression and performance testing and frameworks for responsive web and mobile applications.
The QA Engineer will be working with companies in the United States and supporting their informatics needs. The individual must have strong technical background, be independent and resourceful and be able to communicate, collaborate effectively and to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment while working with multiple teams and projects.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Software QA Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Hands-on probed experience with QA deliverables and formal methodologies.
- Operates effectively interacting with members of the development team and operates effectively with the QA team to facilitate quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes.
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality.
- Participate in other internal company projects in support of client needs.
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
- Experience with QA Automation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in a related engineering field
- 3+ years of experience in software testing and development
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans and procedures of web and mobile applications to support Agile Scrum and waterfall development methodologies
- Understanding of existing QA best practices and methodologies to design, implement and automate processes
- Prior success using a metrics-driven approach and closed-loop feedback to improve software deliverables and improve predictability and reliability of releases
- Must be proficient in analyzing highly complex issues and architectures and reducing them to practice. Strong analytical skills are essential
- Must have excellent communication and team management skills to effectively work with junior engineers and to collaborate with the development teams
- Must be self-motivated and a "self-starter"
- Team player with the ability and desire to become an integral part of a fast-paced team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
Janeiro Digital offers a stable long-term job opportunity with presence in Costa Rica for 6+ years and more than 10 years of operation in USA; Headquarters are located in Boston Massachusetts and we also have office in Chicago and Charlotte. We provide real opportunities for professional growth and development.
All our collaborators receive a benefits package that has been developed while focusing in an attractive and comfortable working environment where the life-work balance and health are priorities within our company goals.
- Private Insurance with International coverage (BCBS)
- Excellent Working Environment
- Direct Exposure to Top Notch Software Development Technologies
- Three WFH days per week
- Schedule Flexibility
- Parking Space for all collaborators
- Access to online study platforms and certifications
Our Wellness Program also includes:
- Weekly Yoga Classes
- Subsidies and Special discounts in Nutrition Plans, Ophthalmology, Phycology and Physiotherapy
- Different activities such as Team Buildings, Team Lunch’s & Breakfast, Tech Talks, etc.
- Healthy Snacks always available together with fruits, tea and coffee.