Senior Account Executive
We are growing and looking for the best of the best to join our team. We are looking for a Senior Account Executive team member who drives towards and thrives on 100% client retention, who clients and team members trust at being the primary account-level contact to solve problems, get results and guide the way. You understand your client’s business inside and out, and you know where they are going next. You’re a strong leader, facilitator, have great gut instincts and know what it takes to build lasting relationships.
- Ability to recognize opportunities to sell solutions to clients by listening to their needs and identifying what our team is capable of delivering against those needs.
- Focus on major account renewals and upsells that maintain and grow the business.
- Responsible for new client acquisition in addition to management and growth of existing portfolio.
- Own senior level client relationships and work to contribute strategic value and drive the strategic communications roadmap for clients.
- Drive towards 100% client retention by proactively identifying client risks opportunities and managing your teams to effectively respond to these client needs.
- Responsible for developing annual strategic account plans and working with team to deliver on those plans.
- Acquire and integrate industry knowledge and insight related to general trends, methodologies, emerging technologies and competitors.
- Always thinking about how we can better serve our clients and grow their business.
- Effectively manages risks and outcomes associated with projects underway by serving as a key contact between Project Directors and the client.
- Demonstrates understanding of the customer domain of activity, and responds to customer’s priority needs for service and support.
- Works with Management Team to establish effective pricing and staffing levels for each client.
- Works with Staffing Team proactively to ensure cross functional teams are optimized for client needs.
- Responsible for driving, contributing to, and completing successful contract negotiations.
- Ensure ongoing learning of completed solutions for all of company’s clients across the board to further enhance ability to recognize where those solutions can be helpful to your clients.
- 10+ years of related industry experience, preferably with technology/software development solutions in consulting, interactive, agency or professional services environment.
- 5+ years of Account Management experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated track record of developing senior level client relationships - strong client references a plus
- Experience with Executive-level relationships in the Fortune 500
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – you must be able to provide insight and deliver presentations that align to customer’s needs
- College degree required, MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- Understanding of a SDLC and cross-functional team delivery of software solutions.
- Chicago-based, with willingness to travel if needed (no more than 25%)