You love to make things. You delight in building something that others use with success. Complex problems are an enjoyable challenge. You strive for clean, bulletproof, scalable solutions, and appreciate the fact that creating a simple system from a complex set of requirements is a feat to be proud of. You are constantly aware of what you don’t know, and are constantly learning new things to fill the gaps. You are aware that this is an endless cycle of growth and understanding, and revel in it. You are result driven. You realize that understanding and articulating what is needed is more important than coming up with a complex solution for what is not.
You’ve been developing for a number of years, and understand the full spectrum of software development, deployment, and maintenance. You’ve taken a keen interest in Mobile technologies. You understand and strive for mobile responsiveness in web applications and rich solutions with native mobile applications. You may have a background in or preference for iOS or Android, but recognize both may be necessary to meet client demands.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working as part of an elite development team, and in conjunction with the Solution Architect, Project Director, the Janeiro Digital Creative Team, and fellow team members, the Mobile Developer will employ a wide-range of skills as they help usher their application from early design through iterative development, and out to production. The individual will be involved in stimulating and challenging software and architecture decisions throughout project execution, and squarely involved in implementation of cutting edge mobile specific solutions across platforms and devices. A successful team member will leverage his or her knowledge and creativity to build world-class solutions for difficult yet exciting business problems.
Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Mobile Developer will have the following responsibilities:
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS and Android operating systems across a range of devices
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Collaborate with the team on ways to evolve the application experience and feature set
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Devise ways to increase scale and optimize full-stack performance
- Weigh customer needs against technical best practices
- Design and architect efficient and scalable code
- Interact with members of the development team to facilitate quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes
- Meet expectations on time at high quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a related engineering field
- 4 years (or more) professional experience in software development
- 2 years (or more) experience developing on a mobile platform, specifically iOS and/or Android
- Proficiency working with object-oriented design, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Intimately familiar with iOS design patterns and coding conventions as well as Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and App Store Review Guidelines
- Solid experience with commonly used 3rd party libraries and services
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Objective-C, or C.
- Proficiency working with modern IDEs such as Xcode, Eclipse, and Android Studio including features like instruments and the debugger.
- Development experience with PhoneGap or other mobile framework.
- Experience in building apps on both the iOS and Android platforms
- Experience building mobile apps from project initialization to app store deployment.
- Experience with in-app purchase, push notifications, and the app submission process for either/both the Apple iTunes App Store and Google Play
- Experience with RESTful services and back end services including AWS services
- Team player with the ability and desire to become an integral part of a fast-paced team
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Complete benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Stable company with growing revenue
- Flexible work from home and vacation policies
- New equipment of choice
- Work with cutting edge technologies in many spaces
- Office locations in Boston, Chicago, Charlotte, and San Jose Costa Rica